Making I.T that little bit easier !
For some bizzare a strange reason when installing certain software after a fresh sccm image install the drivers seem to go corrupt on some of our DVDRW drives . The following is a quick fix to get them backup and running from MS .
CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32,
Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
[Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]
2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value,
if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need
to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.
7. Restart your computer.